Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ryan Cody Clement

Cody, I miss you. More than I ever thought possible. There is pain, prayers, and tears. But there is also peace. I know you're with Jesus. I know you're with Clint. You're happier and luckier than any of us. The pain is gone, forever. You are walking with our Lord in peace, freedom, and completeness. 



John 14:1-2
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions;if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

Revelation 21:4
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
  

These next few days, though us here on earth will miss you dearly, I hope that we will find times to celebrate your life. Cody, you were the prodigal son that returned. Through all the things you dealt with, you were always a kind soul and one of the nicest people I've ever met. Most of all Cody, know that you were loved, so dearly, by so many. I have confidence that you are in eternal glory with our Christ...and I can't wait to see you there when my life comes to an end.

I never thought you would be gone. Sometimes I don't understand God's will...sometimes I am angry at him. But I still trust Him. And I love you, and I know you wouldn't want that for any of us. So I will persevere and push through, knowing that you are beyond happiness forever and ever with Jesus. 

You were a beautiful person, and you will always be. One time, I was at your house hanging out with a bunch of people. I had just had a fight with my mom and I was pretty upset. Without even asking, pressing, or knowing you simply came up to me, hugged me, and told me I looked nice. I told you I didn't feel so nice. You laughed and told me...thats silly Jenny, you're the nicest person I know. 

As little as this may seem...it meant the world to me. Cody was just a kind guy. I will never forget him, and it was my pleasure to know him and be his friend for the few years that I was able to. Praise God that he is safe in the arms of our savior. 

Also, one last thing - Miss Amie (his mother) is the kindest, gentlest soul. She taught Cody to be the gentlemen that he was. She is so strong and so faithful and trusting in the Lord. She is incredible. But she needs loving and she needs prayer. As does Kyle. Please continue, if you are reading, to keep them in your prayers. 

I love you Cody. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment